Review: Etude House Easy Brow Pencil #4 Dark Gray + TUTORIAL!

3:12 AM Kristine 4 Comments

Hello! Today I finally decided to get my lazy ass up and make a short (picture) tutorial on how I do my brows, since you guys keep asking me about it. ^_^

Since I made a tutorial, I decided to hit two birds with one stone by making a review of the product I used as well.

Let's start with the review first!

This is actually my HG eyebrow pencil, although I use the light brown one when I had blonde/light brown hair. Now that I have black hair again, I'm using this one in #4 Dark Gray.




Price: P128!!! Very inexpensive!!!

Packaging: A lilac/pastel pink metal case with princess-y designs. It's very classy and cute at the same time, and the writings on the case doesn't fade even after using it often. I find that most of Etude's products' print/design fades especially when you often touch the print/design, but on this baby, it doesn't. :)


Color: As I've mentioned, I got mine in #4 Dark Gray. It isn't as dark as my hair color (which is good), and when brushed, it turns into this natural gray shade that makes my eyebrows more softer (in color) and it simply just looks natural.


Brush: The brush isn't really hard, but not really soft either. It doesn't hurt when I use it to brush my eyebrow hair and smudge the outline I created. It stays intact and the bristles does not spread out and get messy even after being used quite often.


So this is what it looks like without the case. The brow pencil on one end, the brush on the other. Very, very convenient especially when travelling. ^_^

What I Love:

  • SUPER CHEAP!
  • Very convenient
  • Looks natural
  • It stays on my face for like, forever (until you remove it with makeup remover of course)
  • It doesn't smudge even if it gets wet (from the rain) and/or you accidentally rubbed it 
What I Hate
  • None so far ^_^

SCORE♥♥♥♥♥

Okay, now for the tutorial!!!

I know you guys have waited for so long for this so I'm sorry I just made this now. I hope you understand and like it!!!

Click to view larger version

How I do my brows:

  1. Groom your eyebrows and shape it to the ideal eyebrow shape that you want. My eyebrows have a naturally high arch, which is why whenever I don't have an expression, I kinda look like I have a chronic b*tch-face so I shave the arch off so I could have a lower arched brow, and so I can also create a straighter, Korean-style brows.
  2. Create an outline of the ideal eyebrow shape that you want. If you want a straighter brow, draw a straight eyebrow shape. An arch is ideal, but just do a slight arch.
  3. Fill in your eyebrows, but leave the inner corner bare. This will create a gradient-like effect on the brows and it will look more natural compared to filling in the whole brow.
  4. Brush it out to soften the look. Voila! You now have beautiful eyebrows. 


***
Don't forget to support and share my blog as I will team up with Gurly Glam Shoppe (check link on the sidebar) to hold a giveaway when I reach 100 followers! xoxo


You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tutorial I've been so excited for it eheh~ this tutorial is so easy and I will try this out soon too ^-^*
    The Etude House pencil looks nice too I like how natural it looks :D Thanks for this review, Kristine :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks nice! I never could figure out how to draw on my brows, but I think I'll give this a try. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look like IU!!! Please do a brow powder tutorial XDD thanks :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello ! great blog! an the review is amazing :D it will be a privilege for me if you will go check my blog http://hyperville.blogspot.com/2016/04/makeup-review-eyelinershawillnude-color.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic