What being a member of the Iglesia Ni Cristo feels like

1:54 PM Kristine 1 Comments

Many people have asked me what it's like being an INC member. Many people have also asked me if a certain "rule" of the INC they've heard is true. I've also been put into on the spot debates when it comes to teachings in the INC, to which I have thankfully (and safe to say) won.

It's no surprise that the INC still has many haters despite the fact that we help people, usually seen in our charity events and free dental and medical exams but then again, it's a part of our journey here on Earth and we can't really please everyone.

I'm making this post as I really have a lot of thoughts in my head especially during this Centennial celebration week and even if I'm tired and stressed from the stuff I had to do since Saturday, being a part of the production team of this event was really worth it.


So here I am, sporting a face mask as my skin deserves a much-needed treatment after breaking out from the stress and fatigue. While waiting for it to finish working its magic, I'm gonna share with you guys what it's like and what it feels like to be a member of the INC.

I was born a member of the INC. So basically, I've been a member for almost 20 years, yay!

Anyway. There's a lot of speculations about the INC. Not just the church itself but also the admins. As for the church, I always hear people tell me that "is it true that you guys blahblahblah?" "do you really have to blahblahblah?" I'm not even mad, of course this is plain curiosity but when someone comes at me like "oh, the INC is blahblahblah so blahblahblah *insert insults, complaints, anything negative here*" as much as I may look calm, I really do want to start throwing bibles at you but hey, that's me being really mean.

A lot of people ask me if it's true that we need to offer 10% of our salary to the church. No, we don't. There is no "rule" that we have to offer a certain amount to the church. The amount we offer doesn't matter. What matters is that what we offered came from our heart. It sounds quite cheesy but that's how it is. If you offer a thousand "just because" or "just to make it look like you care" then that is not really "offering." The money we offer is not for the church admins to get rich. This is also definitely not a way of them ripping us off or anything. The money we offer goes to having places of worship built, and basically anything for the church itself. We also use it to help our countrymen. It's not a secret anymore that even non-INC members know (and see) where our money goes. Like the Philippine Arena for example.

Anyway, back on the topic, being a part of the Centennial celebration made me realize a lot of things. I have never felt like this before. Being a part of the special worship service last Sunday at the Arena, being a part of the production team for the musical. I dunno guys but the happiness I felt was different. I really haven't felt like this before. It gives me goosebumps when I think about the success of the INC (and when I see my grandpa's picture all over the gallery and big screen!).

I know I'm not the nicest person you will ever meet (I make mistakes too!) as I'm not a saint anyway, and people usually point their finger and use my religion against me when I make a mistake but you know, God forgives so why can't you. But everyday I am thankful because even if I really do make mistakes, He still manages to shower me with blessings that I don't even think I deserve but I don't take these things for granted. The fact that I still have a roof over my head and food on my table is already much more than I ask for.

I always wish that people know this kind of feeling. I honestly have never felt this kind of peace and happiness outside the church.

The feeling that even if the weight of the world is on your shoulders, the moment you step inside the chapel all that weight is lifted from you, even if it's just temporary but even so, when you leave, the weight you feel is much lighter. That's what it's like.

I hope that when you come across an INC member who is mean or anything, I hope you guys don't generalize. Not all INC members are like that. Especially online. There are a lot of people who pretend to be INC members to destroy our image.

So yeah, this concludes the new blog post, I hope I still have readers and visitors despite my lack of tutorials but I prooooomiiiise yooouuuu guys I'm really preparing for my very first YT video, I just really want it to be nice enough for you guys! I don't wanna look like it's half-assed and I'm constantly trying to make my blog look better so a little bit more waiting~ patience is a virtue! ^__^"


Follow on Bloglovin



stay connected

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. I'm a member of INC too and I share a lot of your sentiments. We all come across those "totoo ba..? bakit ganun sa INC...? etc... I think they know more of the rumors and "mahigpit na doktrina" than what we do, help, and pray for. I'll be honest though, I'm very hilaw. I'm very inactive in church (I did not celebrate the centennial and honestly, I do not care until now). Maybe I'm just in the phase where I'm just really worn out with the church since I feel... oppressed...? (Don't judge me, many INC members surely go through this). My family is REALLY REALLY active and it makes me tired too. However, I feel something pinching when I see people disrespect our religion and bring up all the rumors and teachings I'm tired of hearing. Maybe, I'll be active someday but heh... I'll just stick to the responsibility of Sunday and Thursday worship services. By the way, Happy Centennial!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic