Review: Etude House Rosy Tint Lips

12:37 AM Kristine 1 Comments

Hello~ Today I will be reviewing two lip products from Etude House! It's a part of their new Fall collection "Etude House & Rose."


In this collection, they have an eyeshadow palette, two sets of nail polish, creamy eyeliners, and this, the lip tints. I got two of the eight lip tints from my Korean friend as a gift for my birthday.

I will be reviewing #1 Before Blossom and #7 Tea Rose~





I don't know why the boxes have different colors, but I don't mind. lol

From what I've read, these lip tints are really great in achieving a gradient lip effect. By gradient lip, I mean the lips that look like you've just finished sucking on a red popsicle kinda look. It's actually really cute if done right. Anyway...

I will begin with #1 Before Blossom.



As you can see, the applicator is a sponge tip which is great for doing a gradient effect but not really great for precision. Plus, I think it's quite unhygienic. Like, what if you have to retouch your lips after eating and drinking and all the teeny tiny leftovers will be in that sponge tip forever. LOL but of course, I'm just kidding...or am I?


#1 Before Blossom is a nice warm red. When worn, it gives you a nice red color on the lips but still managing to look natural. It's not the "loud" kind of red on the lips. Contrary to what people say about red lips (that it makes you look mature...), this one actually makes you look cuter, if not younger.


It's really pretty but gah! It makes your dry, chapped lips more noticeble Q.Q so it's really important to moisturize your lips before using this because this lip tint, unlike most lip tints, is matte and creamy. It also helps to apply lip balm or lip gloss after this lip tint.

Next~ #7 Tea Rose


#7 Tea Rose is a nude, peachy pink color with slightly brown undertones. It's very beautiful when combined with a heavy eye-makeup.


This is also great combined with red colors for a gradient lip effect. Perfect for those ulzzang lips!


There isn't much change in color from my bare lips. So I guess this is considered a "My Lips But Better" color, huh?

SUMMARY:

These lip tints cost P478 according to Etude House PH's website. For me it's kinda pricey considering the size. All the colors in the whole set are beautiful, but for someone like me who doesn't have a lot of moolah, I would probably just buy the ones I would really wear. But if you have a lot of money, go buy as much as you want lol.

Like I said, these lip tints are matte unlike the usual lip tints which are more watery. It's creamy, yes, however it dries matte and it accentuates the dry, chapped parts of your lips which is a big no-no. But it's nothing lip gloss or lip balm can't fix. I just really prefer something that requires less effort on my part since sometimes I'm too lazy to put too many products on my face orz. As for the color, it isn't too pigmented, but it isn't too sheer. Although the color is buildable so if you want a bolder color, just let the first layer dry and apply some more.

The packaging is lovely. It matches the color of the product inside by at least 80%. However, one problem I have with the tube is that it is quite hard to squeeze the product out. I begin to wonder how much more difficult it will be once the product inside is about to run out. 

The sponge tip...I'm really really not a big fan of this. I'm not germaphobe or whatever but I constantly think twice about using this for retouching after eating or drinking. So the best way to use this is by using a lip brush. Which, again requires an extra effort. Also, with the sponge tip, the application won't be precise. Q.Q

Oh, and this lip tint also doubles as a cheek tint. This is especially helpful for girls on the go but you have to be mindful to blend it out quickly because if you leave it on your cheek for a few seconds, it will leave you with uneven patches. 

In short:
What I Love:
  • colors are beautiful
  • it looks natural on the lips
  • the color is buildable
  • doubles as a cheek tint
What I Hate:
  • matte
  • accentuates dry areas on the lips
  • sponge tip
  • lacks precision
  • unhygienic
  • hard to squeeze out the products
SCORE♥♥


That's all~

Oh by the way... Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

xoxo

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. I think these liptints are really popular in South Korea because they're matte but still a liptint and are still able to stay on a whole day. I think Before Blossom looks really pretty on your lips! ^-^*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic