Korean Straight Eyebrows Tutorial + IU-inspired?

6:34 AM Kristine 6 Comments

Hello guys! I promised a new tutorial and I finally got my ass up to do it and here it is! I know I also promised that the next tutorial would be in video form, but please bear with me a little more! I already finished creating an intro and outro for my videos and all I'm looking for is a software that my laptop could still handle (stuck with Windows XP) or probably a laptop I could use to edit my vids at all. I only have a vlog prepared for now, but I plan to upload a tutorial instead of this vlog as my very first YT video.

If you haven't subscribed to my YouTube channel, please do! Click me!

So here is one of the highly-requested tutorials~ Korean Straight Brows tutorial!



Keep reading to learn how~

So as y'all know, I have naturally high-arched brows (which gives me a chronic bitch face) and just a year or two ago, I decided to change it into a straighter look so that no one would accuse me of having some sort of problem, honestly it's annoying when someone asks you why you're frowning all the time when truth is, you don't even feel anything.

Anyway. First of all, if you have thick, arched eyebrows, you're gonna have to shave some of your eyebrows off. If you follow my steps without shaving, you're gonna end up looking like Shin-chan.

No, thank you.
 So you better shave the top part off. Like how I did.


I'm not good at teaching people how to shave their eyebrows which is why I'm not really gonna explain how since I just learned how by experimenting and finding out what's best for me. It's good to have an eyebrow razor with you, which you can purchase at Etude, Tony Moly, or any drugstore really. It's better if you get the ones that come with a mini-comb. It's really inexpensive as well. What you also need is a small pair of scissors to trim your eyebrows. Best way to do this is comb your eyebrows downward and then you begin to cut the stray hairs.

If you have a good eyebrow pencil with you (which you should! It's a great great product) making a mistake with grooming your brows shouldn't be a problem since you can fill the bald patch with your handy dandy eyebrow pencil. It's only a problem when you don't have makeup on. DON'T BE LAZY. LAZINESS ISN'T BEAUTIFUL.


2. Use any straight object as your guideline. Put the said object below your eyebrow, on the part where you want your eyebrows to start. Remember: Your eyebrow doesn't have to be a really flat, straight line. A straight eyebrow can also be angled a bit upward. Here's what I mean:

Straight and flat:


Straight but angled upward:


The idea of having straight eyebrows is not for it to fall into a flat, straight line, but instead for it to have no arch. I hope you get what I'm tryna say.


3. Outlining. Using your guideline, create a straight line at the bottom first. That way, you can see a rough idea of how your eyebrows would look like. Once you're happy with it, begin drawing another straight line parallel to the one you drew at the bottom. How you connect the two is up to you. You could either create a diagonal line (like what I do), or you could draw the upper line thinner and curving at the ends so that it connects with the bottom line. If you don't get what I'm saying, here's the difference:

Diagonal line connecting the two:


Lines going thinner and meets towards the end:



4. Fill 'em in. Then blend so it doesn't look too drawn-on.

So by now, you should end up with this:


If you didn't end up with something like that or close to that, either you don't understand what I'm saying, you did something wrong, or maybe I'm not that good of a teacher and you should probably wait until a video type tutorial of this comes out. >__<


Straight eyebrows are da bomb.

I hope you guys liked my tutorial! I'm hoping that I finally get myself to start with reviews since there's a lot of products here already! Ah~ Kristine why are you so lazy~

Ending this post with an IU-inspired pic. (Complete with a mole on the cheek!)


Toodles~ xoxo



Follow on Bloglovin


stay connected

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. Love it!!! <3 Sana next time may kasama ng video tut :))))
    More reviews and tutorials pleaseee? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it :) These days I'm just busy thinking about my give away :)

      Delete
  2. Unnieee! Ano masusuggest mo po sa eyebrow ko? Here's the pic:
    http://i61.tinypic.com/sy9kp0.jpg

    Maraming nagagandahan sa kilay ko kc natural daw po. Pero I want to hear smth from you. Gusto ko kasi itry mag straight eyebrows eh hahaha. Hindi kaya magtampo ang eyebrows ko? Lols Jk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're eyebrows are nice as is, but better with a little grooming lalo na doon sa stray hairs. Pero kahit hindi mo i-groom ok lang din naman.

      Kung maraming nagagandahan sa natural eyebrows mo, then keep it! :) If you wanna try the straight eyebrows look, drawing ka ng straight eyebrow above your natural eyebrow shape tapos yung lagpas na eyebrow mo doon sa drawing mo takpan mo muna ng concealer or foundation. If you like how it looks, then it's up to you na kung irereshape mo eyebrows mo :)

      Delete
  3. Whoa! That last pic I thought you were IU for a moment!!! *O*
    You're so pretty~

    Please check out our blog also~
    http://themarvelousmiji.blogspot.com/

    - Suji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative site and article, i must bookmark it and keep posting interesting articles.
    eyebrow threading edmonton

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic