KFEST 5!

2:31 PM Kristine 2 Comments

It's 4:30AM and I'm here blogging since I couldn't really sleep and this topic is something I've been itching to blog about since Sunday night so here I am turning my thoughts into a blog post and wishing that after my thoughts are spilled into this post, I can finally sleep. Darn this stupid bipolar body clock. Lemme sleep early sometimes, will ya?


KFest was held last Sunday, July 20 2014 at the Megatrade Halls 1, 2, & 3 at SM Megamall. Special guest was M.Pire which, to be honest, is a group I'VE NEVER HEARD ABOUT but who cares, they were good-looking and okay but I think I'd enjoy it more if they brought 4Minute here. I'd prolly buy all the VIP Tickets and have the whole VIP section to myself puhahahahaha

...okay. Honestly, the reason why I attended the event was because I joined a contest. For y'all that don't know me too well, I'm not really active when it comes to attending K-pop events especially those that land on a Sunday as I have lots to do on Sundays.

So why join a contest in an event that lands on a Sunday? Well, it's because I really needed the experience. It's not that obvious but I'm a really, really shy person. I'm someone that would look down or pretend I'm texting when I'm walking alone. I hate being alone but I also like it. Maybe that confused you. Lemme rephrase that. I like being alone but I don't like being lonely. Being alone and being lonely are two different things.

Anyway, back to the point. I lack self-confidence. This is something that being bullied has done. For y'all that are bullies, let me remind you: bullying can really make a huge impact in one's life. Do you really want to be the reason why someone hates themselves? I can't even imagine how people are okay with the fact that they're making someone hate life.

Joining this contest is a way of me challenging myself and what I'm capable of. Last December during KCon, all I had to do was go up on stage, receive my prize (together with 3 other winners), and answer a few questions. And yet I was SOOOOO nervous! Like, I just wanted to hide behind my big ass photo standee. It was my first time being in front of a large crowd of people who I don't even know at all. Add the fact that only a few really cheered for me since I was really new on the whole K-pop events scene.

And so I thought, hey, this is my chance. I could either chicken out or join and help myself. Because who can help you better than you yourself? So I took the opportunity and just joined. Honestly, one of the reasons why I kinda didn't want to join was 'cause I was thinking I wouldn't win anyway and I might just make a fool of myself. But then I punched myself in the balls (yes! I'm a dude. LOLjk) and told myself WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT, KRISTINE? Then I remembered, I wasn't in it for the prize. I wasn't in it to challenge myself and help me go out of my shell.

I love myself. I mean, not 100% but I do love myself. I just feel like I'm not good enough.

So lemme now tell you what happened that day.

During the morning I took the time to prepare and I was expecting my sis to be home by 9-9:30AM so I could ask for money. But no, I couldn't ask money from anyone here since they didn't have any and so I was really stressing out. She was still in church. Since I have extra coins, I took the tricycle and went to church and waited for her. IT WAS ALREADY 10AM and I was seriously stressing out since our call time was 11:30am and I'm so far away from SM Megamall and my friend Jim was already waiting for me. My sister still wasn't replying (please don't think badly of her, she was busy performing her duties in church so I can't really complain) and I only have P20 in my wallet so I told Jim that I didn't know what to do anymore and I was on the verge of crying. Thankfully, Kuya Jim told me he could cover for my ticket for now. So I left.

On the way to Megamall, I was pretty quiet the whole time since I was really upset for not having any money on me at all (the ticket costs P180). But then we saw a roadkill which was a dog split in half and his rib cage was showing and his intestines and blood were all in a puddle and my face went from >:/ to :D and that pretty much made me feel better. (I'm not a psycho)

So we got there on time and as usual, Filipino time, the call time was moved to 12-freakin-30. I WAS STRESSING FOR NOTHING THE WHOLE TIME!!! But hey, at least I'm early and had time to mingle with people.

Time came and the contest was about to start. I was basically practicing the steps all in my head and I was soooo nervous already and some parts of the dance was going blank in my mind and I was freaking out. SURPRISINGLY, I wasn't that nervous at all. Like, yeah I was nervous but only like what, 10-20%?

AND THEN, I saw that the host was my friend, Dae Lee and that basically kinda calmed me down and we had a little chat before it was my turn to go on stage.

When I got on stage, people were cheering on me and that brought a little tear on my eye and my nervousness went down to 5% and I did the dance perfectly and I was smiling the whole time!!! Here's an okay quality of my performance. Credits go to my good friend, Robert! I'll update this one with a link to a better quality video when I see one!

The whole event was pretty awesome, and everywhere I go there are people who take pictures with me WHICH I DON'T TAKE FOR GRANTED unlike some people. I actually feel surprised when someone wants a pic with me and it makes me really happy and thankful.

K-Pop events are awesome. I'm glad mom let's me attend these events now. One thing I love about K-Pop events is the fact that there's eye candy everywheeeere! Like seriously HOT guys everywhere. I'm not malandi I'm just totally stating the obvious. The downside to that is the fact that MOST of the HOT guys in there are either gay, or taken. The single ones are...well, only a handful. LOL


If you wanna see my pictures from the event (which is only a few), please click here.

So anyway, I just want to thank all of you for supporting and cheering on me. Words cannot express how much it really helped me that time. I didn't win the contest but what I achieved that day was better than winning the contest itself. I am truly thankful to each and every one of you who supported me even weeks before the event. You guys really helped me grow as a person. I'm really proud of what I have achieved.

I'm a Pokemon and the contest gave me enough experience to level up!!!

Speaking of the contest, I have something to rant about it actually. I kinda find it unfair that the Top 5 was a combination of the Solo cosplayers and Group cosplayers. I was hoping there's a Top 5 for the solos only and another for the group only. But that's just me. Congrats to the winners tho!

So anyway, I hope you guys aren't getting bored of this crap blog (does anyone still visit this and check for updates???) especially with the lack of tutorials and more on long posts recently. I'll certainly be back with lots of reviews and tutorials soon!

Time for me to eat breakfast and go to sleep~





Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. I actually enjoy your random and loooooong posts :3 plus you're so pretty like ugh. Didn't had the chance to take a pic with you during Kfest. I was at the VIP area and I was fumbling with my phone when you were called cause I was like "must take a video omggggg"
    And yeah you're so cute like asdasdaf. Honestly I want to make a blog but due to my lack of knowledge in regards to technical related stuff and some im-too-shy-to-make-one issues I kinda relate to some of your post. Esp the bullying part and oily face partlol. I'm rambling sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaaaahh~ did you upload the vid~? I wanna seeee~ >__< thank yooouuu thank you for the support TuT you should make a blog! If you need help you can ask me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic